Sunday, July 13, 2008

Riding lessons anyone?

Cruising with Fran in the golf cart

My mare Doodlebug is still at my trainer's barn, so I have been trying to coordinate with LuLu and Mike so I can go ride (it is about 70 miles away). Well this past week we were having a hard time coordinating schedules, so Mary Elizabeth went with me. It all went rather well actually. We set up the play yard in Fran's office and M.E. made herself at home. I was able to tack up, lunge and ride Doodle while M.E. entertained herself. Fran checked on her every so often and M.E. stayed content until the last 5 minutes or so. When I was done, Fran put Doodle away so that I could get M.E. We really had a good time.

Pat and Big Joe came over 3 mornings this past week to hang out with M.E. I rode Norman 2 days and ran errands one day. Pat is teaching church music camp this week, so Big Joe will be the official playmate for M.E.

I went to have dinner with Heather and caught up on some girl talk Sat. night, so M.E. and her daddy had the evening all to themselves. Mike handles the evening routine most nights (feeding, bath and putting to bed), but it was nice for them to have some quiet time for just the daddy and little girl.

M.E.'s top 2 teeth have finally broken the surface. She has also finally gotten the hang of taking food from a spoon, so we feel like we have made great strides this week!

No comments: