Friday, June 1, 2012

Races

Mike is hooked on running and working out. I'm only hooked on the running! Since starting this crazy new "hobby" about a year and a half ago we have competed in quite a few races. Mike has run in trail runs, mud/obstacle course runs and road races. I stick to the road races! In Feb. we completed the Mercedes marathon relay with a team of 5 which was really fun (cold, but fun). I ran a 5k leg and Mike ran the 8 mile leg. Millie is Mike's running buddy. She has completed a 10k road race with him. We took both dogs to the Mutt Strutt race in B'ham this spring. Millie ran the 5k and Max ran the 1 mile. I don't want to run too far with him until he is a year old. It seems starnge that when this all started I just wanted to be able to run a mile and now I regularly do 3.5 miles and sometimes 4. I am also looking at doing a 10k in November of this year. Mike's next race is the Barbarian Challenge in Gadsden June 23rd. I'll post pics when we get home! Mike and Millie at the Mutt Strutt

No comments: