Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Fantasy in Lights













We had a great trip to Callaway Gardens this year. M.E. is the best little traveler. She played and visited with us during the ride to Callaway. It shocks me how happy she is during a car trip! We got to the Gardens and went to the beach and played at the playground for awhile, then we went and had lunch at the golf clubhouse. Once we got a room we tried to get M.E. to take a nap, but she wasn't interested. Mike and M.E. went on a walk/stroller ride while LuLu and I went shopping in Pine Mountain. Once we returned it was time to head to dinner (or so we thought). We tried to have dinner at the lounge in the new hotel, but they were overwhelmed, so we settled for getting M.E. takeout and off we went to see the lights! The lights were beautiful as always and M.E. had a great time. After seeing the lights we headed back to the hotel and Mike and I got M.E. ready for bed while LuLu and Joe went to get the grownups dinner. M.E. and I watched Rudolf for a little while then she happily went to bed in her play yard bed. She slept all night! The next morning we ate breakfast in the Plant Room and went to the Gardens to visit the Butterfly Center and Sibley Horticultural Center. We had some excitement at the Butterfly Center when an owl butterfly tried to land on M.E. She freaked! I have to admit the butterfly was the size of a smal bird, so it must have been scary to her. I have never seen her so scared, EVER! I hope she doesn't develop a phobia! We loaded up around lunch time to head home. After a snack lunch in the car M.E. snoozed for most of the trip. We had a great time and I can't wait to take her on more adventures. She is a good travel buddy.

1 comment:

buckpony said...

M.E. is just growing by leaps and bounds. She is the cutest little thing! This will be such a fun Christmas for you and your family! I sure enjoyed the photos - I especially love her chubby cheeks - my oldest son had cheeks like that, too, and he kept them through about the 3rd grade. How I miss those chubby little cheeks.....

May you and yours have a very blessed Christmas. We need to get together one day soon. :)

Virginia