Sunday, September 20, 2009

My Potty!

Mary Elizabeth has been showing interest in the whole "bathroom experience" lately, so we made a trip to Walmart today and bought her a potty. The majority of the day was spent sitting on the potty and repeating "my potty, my potty." Tonight before bathtime we sat her on the potty and she "christened" the potty! She was so surprised that she stopped pretty quickly, but she could tell we were proud and we made a huge fuss over her! I'm not really going to make an effort until Christmas when I have several days that we can spend at home, but it is so cute to see how excited she is. She is growing up so fast!

3 comments:

Julie said...

That is great! I am really dreading potty training because I'm not the most consistent person and I know it's going to take a lot of consistency on my part. I also know (from what friends say) that boys are harder so we probably aren't going to start until this spring.
I also wanted to tell you congratulations on your first horse show with Doodlebug!

buckpony said...

Having been through potty training with 3; 2 boys and a girl, I have to say my best advice is not to rush it. When we pressured our first child to use it at an early age, he was almost 4 before he accepted using it, then had accidents all the time. (I guess you kind of have to learn from the first one...) Our second two were a breeeeeeeeze with very few accidents. They were both consistent by age 3 and a half which sounds late, but for me not having to constantly remind them to go was a huge relief! :)
You will be fine - they all seem to be potty trained before leaving for college. :)

Sarah Stainback said...

Way to go Mary Elizabeth! She's growing up so fast!!