Friday, August 7, 2009

18 months

My girl is growing up so fast! We had our 18 month check up yesterday and she weighed 35.8 pounds and was 35 inches tall. We went to buy new shoes today and she is now a 7 1/2 wide! She still loves to read books. Playing pretend is also a favorite activity. She likes to pretend night-night with anyone who will cooperate. I have lost count of her words. She says whatever she wants to really. If I say something she will repeat a word from my sentence. For example- Mama can't reach that, then M.E. says- reach, reach. She puts together 2 word sentences occasionally like- LuLu sit! She also likes to "count" things. She will take you by the hand and lead you around. Playing chase and marching are also favorites. She can walk all the way to LuLu and Joe's house and back. She continues to sleep well. Bedtime is around 7:30 and she is up at 6. Naptime is 12-2 sometimes longer. Her favorite foods are chicken, cheese, bananas and mandarin oranges. We survived our 1st trip to Chidren's this summer with croup. Who gets croup in the summer? My girl who used to just ride in a stroller and let me browse at the mall does not want to ride, and if she must the stroller better not stop. Publix, Walmart and Target are all okay though. I think she would rather be on eye level with me so we can talk more and she can see better. M.E. has yet to meet a stranger and has no fear of setting off on her own. I am not sure if this is a good thing or not! Monday means the start of a new school year. M.E. is now in toddler 2. We went to meet her new teacher today and I think we will like her. It has been a fun summer!

Need to add- Tantrums and pouts are a regular occurance these days. Nothing ever last long, but it is fullblown when she cuts loose! She says "No" to almost everything (even when she means yes). "Oh No!" and Oh My!" are favorite phrases.

No comments: